- Creative Approaches to working with Children & Young People
- Counselling Children & Young People
- Counselling in Universities & Colleges
- Mental Health & Well-being in Adolescence
- Supporting Children & Young People
- Safeguarding for Schools & Colleges
- Safeguarding Children
- Counselling Online
I followed a professionally accredited course (BACP) which required a considerable amount of professional practice in addition to the theory.
I follow the BACP code of ethics which can be accessed HERE
This code of ethics ensures that I work in your best interests with due regard and respect for your confidentiality.
Membership of BACP gives me access to Legal and Professional advice ensuring best practice.
I hold covering Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance and enhanced DBS for working with vulnerable adults and children.
Find out more through a free informal phone call
Adherence to the requirements of the Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy
Up to date practise skills maintained by continuing professional development
Ongoing regular supervision to ensure client safety and good practise. (Client anonymity is observed)
- Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Awareness in Bereavement Care
- The Impact of Death on the Family
- Participation in Counselling
- Counselling in the Community
- Death and Grief from Different Faith Perspectives
- Disaster & Major Incident Training
- Key Differences between Counselling Adults, children & Young People
I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy. The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy is the largest professional body representing Counselling and Psychotherapy in the UK. It is committed to high standards of practice and protection of the public.
When you choose a BACP counsellor or Psychotherapist you gain assurance that they meet high standards set and enforced by a recognised professional body. The BACP register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists is accredited and approved by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care
Acceptance on the BACP register demands:
- MSc Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Postgraduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Postgraduate Certificate in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- BEd (Hons) Education
- MSc Dissertation (Distinction) - A Critical Exploration of Menopause, the Accompanying Symptomatic Themes and Implications for Integrative Psychotherapy